Tenure Track Professor for its Bachelor of Arts and Science in Animation (BASA)
20-09-2018 to 07-01-2019
Faculté d'aménagement, d'architecture, d'art et de design
School of Design
BASA provides solid training in 2D and 3D animation. Students learn to design large-scale productions that integrate the animation studio's project management model. BASA’s program is based on constant technological monitoring integrated into its pedagogical renewal.
SCHOOL OF DESIGN
BASA is part of the School of Design (Université Laval), which also offers undergraduate and graduate programs in graphic design, interaction design, product design as well as design and entrepreneurship. Facilities include state-of-the-art workshops and laboratories within the School of Art.
Located in the heart of the Saint-Roch district in historic Quebec City, the School of Design offers an inspiring working environment and interaction with technological, artistic and cultural partners: animation industry leaders, artist centres, galleries, workshops and theatres.
- Participation in the development of the program
- Teaching in undergraduate and graduate levels
- Research and creation, publications and productions, participation in conferences
- Participation in the academic and administrative life of the School of Design.
Candidates who soon expect to complete their PhD, as well as candidates who hold a PhD in the field of 2D or 3D animation, accompanied by a recognized practice, are invited to apply. A master’s degree with over ten years of quality field experience will also be considered.
The successful candidate will possess an excellent record in the fields of research and teaching or practice and teaching. Peer-recognized publications and research will demonstrate the candidate’s excellence in research and university teaching. The candidate will demonstrate best practices by winning prestigious scholarships, awards and competitions in his or her field, writing in scholarly or technical publications as an author, and participating as a guest speaker at conferences. The candidate will also be required to demonstrate that his or her vision is in line with the program's guidelines, its line of knowledge and the values it intends to promote.
Specifically, the candidate must demonstrate that he or she has:
- university teaching experience or capacity (practical and theoretical)
- experience or ability to carry out projects in the field of animation
- experience or ability to undertake a research program and grant applications complementary to the program's knowledge areas
- mastery of written and spoken French (the University offers candidates who cannot fully meet this requirement the possibility of taking training to acquire and/or perfect their knowledge of French)
- international experience (asset)
- a very good knowledge of the English language
Tenure Track full time-time position
Salary according to the current collective agreement.
Application deadline: Monday January 7, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Job starting date: Monday April 29, 2019
The application package must include:
- curriculum vitae;
- a letter of intent showing how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, outlining his or her vision and how he or she intends to contribute to the development of the program and research;
- three sealed letters of recommendation addressed to the Director of the School of Design;
- a file containing information on projects carried out, publications, students’ work or syllabus. A portfolio of professional achievements and/or a research file is required.
Complete application package to be submitted, in digital format, to:
Michel Fleury, directeur
École de design
Valuing diversity, Université Laval encourages all qualified individuals to apply-particularly women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities-but priority will be given to Canadians and Canadian permanent residents.