Professor of food chemistry
08-07-2019 to 30-09-2019
Faculté des sciences de l'agriculture et de l'alimentation
Département des sciences des aliments
Located in beautiful and vibrant Québec City, Université Laval is a major Canadian university that offers a full range of academic programs and is recognized worldwide for its culture of excellence in teaching and research.
The food sciences department is currently seeking a professor specialized in food chemistry.
- Develop an autonomous research program in the field of food chemistry.
- Teach food sciences to undergraduates and graduate students.
- Supervise graduate students in food sciences.
- Participate in pedagogical and administrative initiatives including departmental and faculty member assemblies.
1. Academic background:
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in food science and technology or similar program.
• Doctorate (Ph.D.) in food sciences or similar program.
2. Post-doctoral experience relating to food chemistry or equivalent in the field.
3. Expertise in food chemistry with emphasis on food physicochemistry and culinary sciences in particular, food formulation, sensory analysis or related fields.
4. Very good knowledge of and expertise in food-chemistry-related experimental methodologies.
5. Demonstrated ability to propose an original research program.
6. Demonstrated teamwork ability and experience collaborating with industry.
7. Having a competitive and recent record of scientific output recognized in provincial and national granting organizations and thereby constituting an asset to training activities in the food sciences department.
8. Teaching experience would be an asset.
9. A working knowledge of spoken and written French. Université Laval provides new professors with support for learning the language and improving progressively their ability to carry out their academic duties in French.
The salary is determined according to the terms set forth in the collective bargaining agreement. In compliance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given first consideration. Université Laval is a committed equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline: Septembre30, 2019
Job starting date: January 1, 2020
The candidate’s application must include:1. A cover letter explaining your motivation to hold the position offered;
2. An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
3. A two-page document summarizing your 3 to 5 most important contributions to research in the field of food chemistry. Explain the importance or impact of your work.
4. A document no longer than (3) pages in length describing in some detail the research that you propose to carry out (on the short and long term).
The application must be sent by e-mail as a single attached file in the pdf format. Up to three (3) letters of recommendation must also be sent by e-mail by your character references directly to the department director on or close to this date. The completed application must be sent no later than September 30, 2019 to: Professor Ismail Fliss, director, Département des sciences des aliments: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Valuing diversity, Université Laval encourages all qualified individuals to apply-particularly women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities-but priority will be given to Canadians and Canadian permanent residents.