Political science professor position on China in international relations
February 20th to April 20th 2023
Faculty of Social Sciences
Department of Political Science
More than a school, Université Laval is an entire community in the heart of Quebec City, a complete university recognized for its culture of excellence both in teaching and research.
The Department of Political Science at Université Laval invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position on China in International Relations. Applications from researchers working on Defense, Diplomacy, Global Governance, International Political Economy or other related fields are welcomed.
The appointee’s duties will include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, supervising Master’s and Doctoral students, engaging in research and publications, participating in all aspects of academic life and any other activity foreseen in the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will :
- Hold a Ph.D in Political science or in a related discipline (candidates who are near completion will also be considered),
- Demonstrate excellence in peer-reviewed publications;
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching;
- Demonstrate the ability to teach methods at all levels of study.
- Université Laval is a francophone institution where teaching and service are carried out in French. The institution provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French.
Full-time tenure track position.
The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor.
Salary according to the current collective agreement.
Application deadline: April 20th, 2023
Job starting date: July 1st, 2023
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining the candidate’s research agenda;
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae;
- A sample of published scholarly writing;
- A sample of a course syllabus on China in International Relations;
- Recent teaching evaluations or any other evidence of teaching excellence;
- Three reference letters.
Application files, as well as letters of reference, must be addressed and emailed to:
Professor Thierry Giasson, Chair
Département de science politique, Université Laval
Letters of reference must be submitted by email directly by the respondents themselves to the address above.
The hiring process at Université Laval allows professors in the Department to access all applicants’ curriculum vitae of all applicants unless an applicant explicitly states in their cover letter that access to their application should be limited to the members of the search committee. Please note that this restriction will be lifted if and when an applicant is invited for an interview.
Valuing equity, diversity and excellence, Université Laval is strongly committed to provide an inclusive work and living environment for all its employees. For Université Laval, diversity is a source of wealth, and we encourage qualified individuals of all origins, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, as well as persons with disabilities, to apply.
Université Laval also subscribes to an equal access to employment program for women, members of visible or ethnic minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities. Adaptation of the selection tools can be offered to persons with disabilities according to their needs and in complete confidentiality. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to qualified individuals with Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.